VIDEO TRANSCRIPTLongshore work is -- if you are a harbor worker or working building barges, then there's a separate process -- it is essentially worker's compensation, but it's a very specific federal process if you are involved in the maritime industry. Same thing if you are working on a barge. Say you are the deckhand on a barge in the river, then you're covered under the Jone's Act, which is a very different type of law. And, I do handle those cases, so if you've been hurt on the river or working on a barge or construction like that, or even working on the bridges, then that's something that we definitely should talk about.

I'm attorney Karl Truman, and if you have any questions about what I've talked about, call me for a free consultation at 502-222-2222 or email our law firm now.