In the state of Kentucky, the owner of a dog is almost always responsible for injuries that result in the event of an attack or bite. However, a recent Kentucky Supreme Court ruling allows for landlords to be held responsible in some dog bite cases as well.
If you live in the Louisville, Kentucky, or Jeffersonville, Indiana, areas and you or a family member was injured by an aggressive dog, the injury attorneys at the Karl Truman Law Office may be able to help you pursue financial compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other related damages. Please call (502) 222-2222 or (877) 492-1706 (toll-free) today for a free review of your case.
Do I Need a Lawyer After Being Bitten by a Dog?
Dog bites can result in severe injuries, and they can be especially dangerous for children. If you or a family member is the victim of a dog attack, taking the following steps can help support your case in the event that you need to file a personal injury lawsuit:
- Seek medical care for your injuries
- Contact police to report the incident
- Gather the contact information for any witnesses
- Identify the dog and owner if possible
- Take photos or video of your injuries and the location where the incident occurred
- Do not provide written or verbal statements to the dog's owner
- Do not provide written or verbal statements to the insurance provider of the dog's owner
- Do not sign any insurance company documentation or accept an insurance company settlement without an attorney's review
- Contact the Louisville injury lawyers at the Karl Truman Law Office for a complimentary case consultation
Compensation in a Dog Bite Injury Case
The damage from a dog bite can range from physical harm to emotional trauma. Compensation in dog bite cases may be awarded for:
- Medical costs
- Lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Lifestyle modifications
- Psychological counseling
If you or a loved one was injured by in a dog attack, please contact the Karl Truman Law Office online or call us toll-free at (877) 492-1706 or locally at (502) 222-2222 today to schedule your free consultation. Our personal injury lawyers welcome clients from the greater Louisville, Kentucky, and Jeffersonville, Indiana, areas.