The prescription medication and medical device industries have a history of sometimes placing profit over patient safety. This can lead to dangerous drugs and faulty medical devices contributing to the illness, injury or wrongful death of innocent consumers.
The product liability attorneys at the Karl Truman Law Office are proud to serve as advocates for victims of dangerous prescription drugs and defective medical devices from the greater Louisville, Kentucky, and Jeffersonville, Indiana, areas. If you or a loved one suffered harm due to a dangerous pharmaceutical or flawed medical device, we may be able to help you recover the financial security you need for resulting medical expenses and other costs. Please call (502) 222-2222 or 812-282-8500 (toll-free) to arrange a free consultation.
Examples of Dangerous Drugs and Medical Devices
A number of popular medications and medical devices in recent years have been linked to severe complications and resulted in both individual and class-action lawsuits. Examples of types of pharmaceuticals and medical devices currently the subject of investigation and litigation include:
- Transvaginal mesh
- Xarelto blood thinning medication
- Metal-on-metal hip implants
- SSRIs such as Paxil, Prozac and Zoloft
- Diabetes drugs such as Actos and Avandia
- Birth control products such as Yasmin, Yaz, NuvaRing and Essure
- Defective hernia mesh
An alarming number of these medications and medical devices are rushed to market before adequate testing has been conducted. In other cases, pharmaceutical manufacturers and medical device makers employ deceptive marketing to conceal the risks of their products.
Liability in Defective Drug and Medical Device Cases
Despite federal regulations and the safeguards of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), hundreds of different harmful medications and faulty medical devices make their way to consumers each year. The makers of these products can be held accountable for resulting harm when dangerous drugs or defective medical devices reach consumers due to:
- Flawed design: A defect in the design of the product that makes it dangerous
- Manufacturing error: A problem in the production of the product, such as contamination with a hazardous substance, makes it dangerous
- Deceptive marketing: Inadequate instructions, or erroneous or exaggerated information about the intended effects of the product
- Failure to warn: Inadequate warning of the product's side-effects
If you were injured or a family member was killed by a defective medical product, please contact the Karl Truman Law Office online or call us at (502) 222-2222 or toll-free at 812-282-8500 to schedule your free consultation. Our dedicated product liability lawyers welcome clients from the greater Louisville, Kentucky, and Jeffersonville, Indiana, areas.